The boyfriend of the woman who was fatally shot after turning into the wrong driveway recalls her final moments. 
The boyfriend of the woman who was fatally shot after turning into the wrong driveway recalls her final moments 230418-Blake-Walsh-Kaylin-Gillis-cover-main-ac-940p-76fa2d
Blake Walsh, 19, shared his heartbreak over the loss of girlfriend Kaylin Gillis, 20, who was fatally shot last week when police said suspect Kevin Monahan, 65, fired twice at their vehicle after they mistakenly turned into the driveway of his home in upstate New York. Walsh was driving with Gillis and two friends on their way to a party when they realized they were at the wrong address and turned to leave. Walsh said a gunshot from the house struck Gillis in the neck. "I want to believe it was instant. I'm hoping it was. I'm praying it was," Walsh told NBC News through tears. Monahan has pleaded not guilty to charges of second-degree murder. Walsh and Gillis had been dating for four years. “I had high hopes, and I had plans,” Walsh said. “I didn’t want to be with anybody else, and I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her.” Read the full interview here