Experiencing a no-show in an interview is disappointing (or maybe more explicit words should be used). Especially when you understand firsthand the significance of each opportunity for job seekers.

As a job seeker, I feel like my time has been wasted and they couldn't bother to commit to agreed time.
As a recruiter, this could have been time allotted for someone who truly wants the opportunity.

Lately I've encountered situations where candidates haven't been able to make it to scheduled interviews or final round panels without notifying anyone. While it's frustrating to see time go to waste, I also recognize that life can throw unexpected challenges at us. Life happens, plans change.

For both job seekers and recruiters, our time is a precious commodity. We all have commitments and responsibilities that we juggle, and sometimes things don't go as planned. That's why open communication is key.

Whether you're a candidate, interviewer, or recruiter, showing up as agreed upon or giving a heads-up if you can't make it is a sign of respect for everyone involved. It's about understanding that each interaction is an opportunity to build trust and mutual understanding.

This market is already pretty dang rough, let's not add fuel to it.